- About MKG
- Events & Groups
- Guild EventsInformation about upcoming Guild meetings and other MKG organized events.
- Other Fiber EventsEvents for fiber craft enthusiasts in the Midwest and beyond.
- Community ProjectsOngoing and Monthly Community Projects
- Knitting GroupsNever be without a group to knit with.
- Photos from Past EventsView pictures taken at past Guild meetings and other events.
Knitting Heritage Museum Welcome Reception
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Members of the Madison Knitters Guild are cordially invited to attend a presentation by Susan Strawn, Ph.D., author of Knitting America: From Warm Socks to High Art, and Professor, Apparel Design and Merchandising, Dominican University, River Forest, IL. Susan Strawn will speak on the topic “The Knitting Image: Popular Media, Art, and Industry Look at American Knitters.” The talk will kick off a one day symposium, Knitting Heritage Museum: A Work in Progress, which will explore the feasibility of starting a knit and crochet heritage museum. This is a unique opportunity to meet and hear from Susan Strawn, who will be available for book signing after the presentation. For more information about this book and the author, visit Susan Strawn’s official website at http://www.knittingamerica.com/index.html
Time and Location:
Time: 5 to 7:30 pm, with Dr. Strawn’s remarks beginning at 6:30 pm.
Location: Wisconsin Historical Society, 816 State Street
Admission: $25 - To register, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.